Google is running the Google ad grants programme offering free ads credits of up-to £7000 per month to qualifying UK charities.
Google Ad Grants is a scheme run by Google that provides a monthly credit for pay-per-click ads on its sites for registered charities. Ads can help to increase awareness of your charity, drive traffic to your site or boost donations.
To get started you must first apply to join the Google for Nonprofits scheme.
This ad grant scheme has eligibility criteria:
- You must be a registed charity.
- You must be in good standing.
- You must have a decent website.
- You must not a government, healthcare or educational establishment or organisation.
TT Exchange will perform a check on your eligibility in the United Kingdom. TT Exchange is part of the global TechSoup organisation.
After approval your charity gets immediate free access to Google tools including Mail. You will need to submit a further request for a free monthly PPC ad credit limit. Once reviewed and granted you can spend up-to this limit per month to advertise.
So what could you do with your ad credits? Here are a couple of ideas:
- As an animal charity you could run a campaign to boost donations or highlight adoption.
- Children's charities could place ads to highlight helpful articles that boost awareness. You could target these at keywords associated with your charity.
- As a charity reselling donations you could advertise your online store selling these.
To make the most of the free ad budget provided by Google ad grants you will need to have a good website with effective CTA to convert visitors.
Signalfire will help your charity get signed up to Google for Nonprofits and secure a free ad budget.
After approval we'll design a great pay-per-click (PPC) campaign for your charity. This can help drive awareness, engagement or donations for your charity. If you don’t have a website or it needs some improvements we’ll help you get this sorted.
During the first 6 months we will not charge for our help. After 6 months we'll charge a modest (low) fee.
Google Ad Grants Scheme Links